Yesterday I was time to make the bread again (yes I make bread). I use a Bosch bread mixer and make 6 loaves of bread at a time. I have made bread my entire married life. All seemed to be going well until I looked at the loaves after they had been taken out of the oven. I went to dump them out of the pan and they were "half-baked". The top was a little over done and the bottom wasn't cooked at all!
So, I gathered up my bread and headed to my neighbors house. We put tin-foil on the top of the loaves and baked the bread for 20 more minutes in her convection oven. I wasn't quite sure what a regular oven would do and thought maybe her convection oven would cook the bread the rest of the way through. It cooked the bread and so we were saved. Only the tops of three of the loaves were discarded and we saved the bottom part of the loaves and made scones this morning.
We decided that the element in the bottom of the oven must have gone out. Which explains a few baking problems I have had. One recipe I tried to do of Rhubarb Cake called for being cooked for 45 minutes. I cooked it for 35 and it was over done. Then this last Sunday on Father's Day we came home to potatoes that were also "half-baked". I had made a carrot cake that morning for Dad (because he likes Carrot cake) and we ate the cake and noone said anything, but I think it was also "half-baked". Oops, sorry Dad. Didn't know there was a problem til yesterday. So, today, we picked up a new element and it is now in the oven ready to cook other items "fully". What a day...
No comments:
Post a Comment