Sunday, June 21, 2009

Williams Reunion In Ashton




We attended a reunion in Ashton yesterday and while it wasn't well attended we did get to visit with a few family members that we had not seen for awhile - we ate good food, got to tour a beautiful home that Mark's uncle had built - well equipped with I think I saw at least 5 stoves. There are alot of bedrooms for their children and grandchildren to stay in when everyone is home and they can enjoy the beautiful view they have. His aunt drives one hour to work everyday but doesn't complain because when she comes home she has heaven to go home to.

They have everyone bring something from home and a silent auction is held to help pay for the meat that is prepared for the family members that come. I took a cowboy statue that Mark brought home from church one day. The ward was holding a silent auction in the foyer for the girls camp expenses and that's what Mark bought. When I asked him what we could take to the family reunion he said I could take the statue, not necessarily because it was a bad thing but because it just doesn't fit my taste or decor (what decor I have). Anyway, the statue was purchased by Mark's aunt. She and his Uncle Darrel were having a bidding war and he kept bidding it up just to irritate her. In the end she won out. She then showed me an arrangement of pictures she had in her living room of her son. An artist had gone to take pictures of her son while he was working cows and after he was done, he took the photos and painted some pictures of him. The pictures were then displayed in an art gallery somewhere and one of them was sold for over $3,000. Mark's Aunt decided that since "he wouldn't be here if it weren't for me" she found the gallery and printed the pictures off of the internet and then arranged them in a nice little arrangement on her wall. The cowboy statue then finished off the arrangement and she was quite tickled! (Names have been left out to protect the innocent :)) They were good pictures!

No comments: