Last night while we were sitting in the living room watching TV we had a HUGE "THUD" on our door. It scared us all - when we got one of the girls to go to the door there were packages on our porch. Someone, one of our "friends" had left us packages (twelve) for Christmas. The first was a card that gave instructions to only open one package a day. This card had a gift card to Fred Meyer for $100.
I'm not sure quite what to think -- I have purchased our whole Christmas and feel satisfied with what I have purchased for our family. I was worried at first about what I would do or how it would be taken care of. But, I sold the weight set and have saved money from my part-time jobs and was able to get most of the things on the kids list - either with Mom and Dad's help or with the kids getting each other stuff on their list.
In the 2nd present, we opened this morning, there was an envelope attached to the top of the gift was the story about the boy who got up at midnight to milk the cows for his Dad. Then inside the package were two men's ties.
While I am thankful that someone was thinking of us it makes me feel funny. I've probably complained too much about our current situation to my friends AND family. Anyway - we have more gifts to come and it will be interesting to see what is there!
1 comment:
good for you! sounds like fun...enjoy the moment and pay it forward when you get the chance.
paul
Post a Comment