Sunday, October 10, 2010

Rain, Satellite TV and a Starter Problem

Friday night we had a rain storm. It was a nice rain storm and one we have needed. I was hoping we were going to go swimming at the nearby hot springs but that was not to be. We settled in for a night of tv viewing but after the rain storm the TV quit working and all we had was an error message. We have satellite service, so I called the company to have them walk me through some procedures to see if it could be easily repaired and found it could not. They then scheduled an appointment for us to have someone come and the closest appointment was Sunday between 12 and 5. Not a good day - but we'd be home after church. Saturday morning rolls around and a repairman calls and says he will be here between 12 and 3. We had plans to go chase cows and bring the rest home but I valiantly decided to stay home and wait for the repairman. Guess what - he never showed up! I could have gone to town instead :) of chasing cows! He didn't even call!

Sunday - we had early morning choir practice - I also had to lead the music in Sacrament Meeting. All was fine except that during the meeting someone spoke near the end of the meeting and it brought tears to my eyes. What she said just hit the tender spot and during the closing song (that I was leading) I cried all the way through the song. The rest of church went fine after I gathered my wits about me again.

After church - we get home and the repairman calls again and thru my gritted teeth I was nice. He said he was on his way! YAY. I fed my family and Mark headed to go help someone else he was indebted to help move THEIR cows. The repairman came to fix our TV and he said he didn't call the previous day - (wasn't him, apparently). Mark called me later in the day to see if I knew how to start the tractor by jumping it across the starter. I have done this on occasion with other vehicles but not with the loader we have. He said he would call my brother-in-law to see if he would come. As it got later in the evening I got worried that he would not come and decided to call Justin to see if he could explain to me how to jump start the loader. As it ended up, I took a picture of the starter, I e-mailed it to him and then he told me which bolts to touch so it would start. If I just had a phone that took pictures it would not have taken so long. However, with a phone the picture would have been one inch tall and I would not have been able to see it!

So instructions for the day are:

Make sure the tractor is in neutral - spray ether in the dealy on the top of the tractor (??) then...
Touch a screwdriver or wrench to the bolt that has the green wire attached to it and then hold it to the BIG bolt that has the white wire on it! Anyway, it started! I loaded the hay on the truck to feed the cows and told SHELBY she got to feed the cows this time!

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Loralee and the gang... said...

Don't you love it when after a long day you are looking forward to relaxing in front of a favorite program, and then the sattelite is out! It's happened here a number of times. And I am glad you got the loader started. Pretty ingenious to get directions via internet and Justin. Way to go!