Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Brace Yourself!

During the end of last year's school year the school sent us a letter letting us know that Mayli had been tested for scoliosis and that she needed to see a doctor.  I put off taking her - - and towards the end of the summer finally started the process of having it checked out.  Well, we found out she has Scoliosis (with an S curve) I can't remember the degrees of curvature but it was bad enough to have to do something about it.

This is a back view.

This is a front view of the brace.  She was able to pick out a design to go on the outside



 



So far she has a pretty good attitude about things, I'm afraid it may be a long hard road for her.  She will need to wear it anywhere from 1-2 years depending on her growth.  She began wearing the brace 1 hour and will increase the time each day.  When she is able to wear it all night long then she will wear it to school. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: