Yesterday Mayli, Shelby and I went on a hike with some friends. We got up at 4:30 in the morning and met to carpool at 5:15 a.m. We drove to the trail head and got there about 7:00 a.m. We hiked and hiked and hiked - just like in the Primary song it says Pioneer Children sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked... we did the same. It was a very pretty hike even though it was a long one. I believe it is between 12 and 14 miles long. Can't remember which. We reached the "Table" Rock at around noon. I literally crawled up to the top and my friend Cosette was thinking she should have videotaped the pathetic-ness of it! Anyway, I'm terribly afraid of heights so I was dizzy and determined at the same time. Determined because I wanted to get my picture taken with my girls in front of the Tetons! We MADE IT! All in all it was a good trip, adventure or whatever you want to call it. We made our way back to the trail head by about 3:30 - - all of us making it at random times. My Mom was a bit worried we would run into wild animals - but the only animals we ran into were humans - - and lots of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment