and closer...
and closer...
the families who live on the edge next to the desert area were evacuated from their homes early on - then about 9 p.m. a policeman from the county came and told me we should probably leave for awhile. He was amazed we were still there! We headed down the road to a home of a friend who had called early on to offer her home "just in case". I took her up on it!
In the meantime - I couldn't find my husband! All calls to his phone were sent to voice mail. About 10 p.m. he finally called me back. Anyway - we went home about 10:30 p.m. after the wind finally settled down and things were clear. The fire went clear to I-15 and in one point jumped the highway and went into the median. This morning they still have somewhat of a hot-spot but I think it will be able to be maintained and kept under control. Now we need rain to keep all of this ASH from blowing all over during the next WIND storm! However, living in Southeast Idaho we are extremely blessed with WIND!

No comments:
Post a Comment