We climbed the Rexburg Butte again this morning and I took my camera with me this time. I've only climbed it one other time and I think the second time was more difficult for me - at least going UP was more difficult. I sure hope it gets easier for me because I was really "winded" and my calves were killing me! For those who do not know this "Butte" is an extinct or dead volcano. Mayli was anxious and excited about going and we made Shelby go with us this time too! Thank heavens I did!
This is looking UP at the mountain - sorry about the reflections...
This is looking DOWN and the cars are in the parking lot at the bottom. This isn't even the TOP!
That heaven's they stopped - I was holding up the rear of our group of hikers today.
And this is what the trail looks like - the last time we went it had rained and the sand was rather packed. This time it was just SAND.
I believe this is the TOP - I had to sit down and rest but only got like 5 seconds and then we were OFF again! Behind Cosette (taking picture) is the trail to go DOWN into the Butte.
This shows the trail that we were on while we were inside the Butte.
This shows where I am supposed to be going and how far behind I am from everyone else! Thank heavens Shelby came to walk with me or I would have had to walk by myself for most of it.
Ok - there were flowers all over the last time we went but when we got out of bed this morning there was frost all over everything. The heads of the sunflowers that were blossoming last time were drooping this time. So now here is a flower that I can't identify that was doing well - the lupin also looked just fine. I saw white flowers like this one and some that were a salmon color.
Climbing.....
Shelby keeping track of me to make sure I don't die somewhere...
These flowers were growing right in the middle of the hardened lava.
We were right across from the towers on top of the hill.
We climbed up this crack -
Michelle, Cosette and Celeste - my exercise buddies!
It was a good thing to have done when it was over - hopefully it will get easier for me but it was sure hard today!
1 comment:
Beautiful view. Thanks for taking the pictures because I'll never see it any other way :0) It will get easier for you.
Mom
Post a Comment