This weekend we attended a National Clogging Competition at the Lagoon in Utah. This is a yearly event. Since Mayli is participating in clogging it may end up being our yearly activity as well if she continues. She had never been to the Lagoon so we took advantage of the rides while we were there. They have some fun ones but I was surprised to find that my youngest daughter is more enthusiastic about riding the scary rides than my teenage daughter. That's ok I guess - - but I didn't figure that out until later on in the day! So - - I rode The Cliffhanger and the Colossus with my 10 year old. There is another ride that they have called Wicked and I wasn't brave enough to get on that one and was successful enough to talk my way out of that one (this year anyway). The one in the picture is The Bat.
The first dance that the group did was done to the song called Funky Town.
The teacher they have also taught Mark to dance, so she's been doing it for a long time! The dance they were doing in this picture was to the Shania Twain song of "Don't Be Stupid" . They did a good job and had alot of fun and that was the important part. We spent all day long staying away from the rides that got us wet. Even the Cliffhanger didn't get us wet at all. (aside from a couple of drops that is). On our way out of the park we decided to run through the fountain at the main gate at the park and we were then drenched from head to foot. We smelled terribly like chlorine and I didn't anticipate getting that wet, that quickly.

1 comment:
Sounds like a fun day and a fun activity! A what a teacher to be still at it after all these years!
:~D
Post a Comment