Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's been one of those days...














My Water Tank Experience


First we had to take this ton truck 6 miles down the road to get fuel in the truck. The truck needs to be taken to Hwy 20 so the cows will have water to drink when Mark gets the cows home from California. He put the tanks on top of the truck before he left because we didn't know if we would have the strength to put them up by ourselves. (Justin and I). Anyway, we headed to down the road and the truck ran out of fuel 1 mile before we got to the station. We drove to the station, picked up the gas, went back to the truck and filled it and drove it to the station. All was well there but on the way back home one of the tanks fell off the truck. The straps that were holding them on kept coming undone all the way to and from the gas station and all the way back. When the tank fell off I just prayed it didn't get broken and at this moment, I don't think it is. . . (cross your fingers). Anyway, after retrieving the tank, putting it back up (with the help of a helpful local trucker) we finally headed back home. The other tank tried to fall off this time. Anyway - we finally made it home.


Lunch at Mom's

After our experience with the water tanks we hurriedly fueled and greased the tractors and their implements and put grain in the drill so we could leave. We were to have lunch at Mom's because Perry and Ginger (amazingly) decided to come to Mom's to visit for the weekend. Mom is in the process of trying to sell her home and I guess Per was thinking that maybe this would be his chance to see the "house and his former home" before she sells it. (If all goes well). We didn't end up there til 1. We had a nice visit and thought we would get Justin home to finish his disking (tractor work) before it started to rain (again). Well, he was able to work for a little while but unfortunately it started to rain AGAIN! Oh well, my lawn is green! And I have tulips that are growing (no flowers yet).







I also borrowed the book from Mom that Glenn Beck has been talking so much about . . . the 5000 year leap?! Anyway, I don't know what kind of reading it will bring to me. I have a difficult time focusing or keeping my attention on things sometimes. We'll see if I can wade through it.

3 comments:

Perry said...

I guess I was picturing LITTLE water tanks when you were telling us about your morning that day. (Like the orange things at ward parties...) Those were actually quite large!! It's just good that you didn't take out a car or something! It was good to see you guys!

Andi said...

Fun post Michelle - for sure you had one of THOSE days, but I am having lots of fun giggling and picturing you and Justin fighting with those huge water tanks! I hate those kind of days! Cute background!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Wow what a week you've had! Hope things calm down a bit, but I have a feeling you'll stay as busy as ever!
Hey I am doing a little blog Giveaway thingy, so be sure to stop by!
:~D