Monday, February 2, 2009

Flowers, Football and Rollerskating?

 
During Christmas, Mark and the other teachers at his school were involved in a "secret Santa" activity with each other. His Secret Santa gave him this flower bulb and he brought it home for me to plant. We have enjoyed watching it grow, and grow and grow. Then when we thought it would only have 2 blossoms it kept going! We ended up with 5 blossoms on this flower and I have to say we have been really enjoying it. I'm not sure what to do with it after the flowers die. Other than just watch the flowers fall off. . . Anyway, it's pretty for the moment!
 
 

Other than the flower viewing. . . we did watch the Super Bowl yesterday. Mark was disappointed that the Cardinals did not win, however, they played better than I think anyone expected them to.

I have also taken on a part-time job. The job is only one day a week and I am cleaning at a veterinary clinic we have here locally. It has taken me about three weeks to learn what I'm supposed to do, but it is a job I can do whenever I have the time to take to do it and it will bring a little extra money in. One way or another we have to keep everyone happy!

I think I'm almost done with my cold. Boy it has hung on forever! Seems to be going around our community. First Candy was sick, then me, now Justin has a sore throat... Some day it will get warm and all these germs will go away!

Wish me luck, however, tomorrow is rollerskating day with the 4th graders in Mayli's class. Last time I went I cracked my wrist and had to wear a brace for 2-3 weeks. Hope I will be able to stay on top of my feet and not on my rear end!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Loralee and the gang... said...

cool flower!
:~D

Anonymous said...

I got a part time gig too! :)

That is a really pretty flower.

Later
Amy

Anonymous said...

Nice flower to tide you over until spring, eh? I noticed a few little crocus shoots breaking out of the soil next to the house yesterday. There is hope! Maybe you haven't really been sick, but are actually allergic to your flower. Hmmm??? Wouldn't that be ironic.....

Loralee and the gang... said...

Re: Crappy Day - Thanks for the compliment, ( and I really was NOT fishing for them) but, gray hairs aside, you are just as beautiful as ever!
:~D