Sunday, August 10, 2008

The girls' most recent project. . .


The girls were in charge of making sure these pigs had water, milk and grain all summer long. Well, our summer of feeding hogs is now almost over. This last week was fair week - Shelby's pig weighed 224 lbs and Mayli's weighed 178. They were supposed to weigh 220 in order to sell them at the Fat Stock show on Saturday. Mayli could not sell hers because it wasn't big enough. Shelby sold hers for $4.00 per pound. Wow! Anyway - we took the other pig home and soon he will be sausage, side pork and pork chops.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelby can I take out a loan? Very impressive! My brothers always seemed to get rich raising pigs for the fair also.

Michelle the onions look great and I'm so impressed that Mayli can embroider! I'll have to take lessons sometime.

Keep up the good work!