On another note, the time has come to rid the garden of whatever decided to grow this year. So far three rows of red potatoes, one row of onions and many, many cucumbers, tomatoes, Anaheim and Jalapeno peppers have made it to the house. We had so many cucumbers this year that I was calling the neighbors to see if they wanted any. I sent some to school with Mark and also took some to the grocery store and sold them to the store!
Shelby and Mayli have begun school - Shelby is a senior and in preparation for the year we went to the BYU-I flower gardens and had her picture taken. The pictures can be viewed here: http://place.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?userid=jplace&gallery_id=2726652
The pictures are all very good which is making it more difficult for us to select any to be copied for distribution or for her graduation announcements. It should take awhile!
Mayli is in 7th grade - she now has a different teacher for every class and two lockers to worry about. The principal (a new one) has implemented this new program at the school. It is a intramural recess program that they have the 5,6, & 7th graders participate in. Apparently it is an effort to "provide all students an opportunity to participate in constructive activities." also - "to develop and refine skills in a variety of activities, add a new dimension to the education process by improving self-esteem, stimulate other interests and provide students the opportunity to achieve individual and team goals." Anyway, not sure what I think of the whole program yet. We've heard a lot of complaining and I'm waiting for the positive aspects to kick in...
Justin has been working at BYU-Idaho in the Curriculum Development Department. He will soon have a cartoon available for viewing on the Online Learning Department. He was asked to draw a cartoon and has spent the last month or so doing that while at work. Soon he will need to decide whether to stay with this department while attending college or work for the English Department.
Candy is set to leave for Greece and Turkey on September 19th. She has worked very hard all summer trying to earn enough money to go! She worked on a framing crew in Salt Lake with Russ Nash (Mark's cousin) and when she got done with that job she came home and worked for Scoresby Farms selling fruits and vegetables at an outdoor stand in Idaho Falls. She will finish that job this week, will have one week of classes in a classroom and then she is on her way! Sooo exciting!
I am still doing bookkeeping for Twin Lakes and for the accounting office in Pocatello which is now called Advantage Plus. I also clean house for two ladies in our community and substitute teach when called upon. The end of September Shelby and I will both be working in the potatoes and that is a long drawn out process but we earn lots of money quickly! This year will be Shelby's first time driving a truck so I will spend some time before we begin work showing her how to drive the truck. The truck she will drive is fondly called "The BEAST" because it is so huge and it seldom gets stuck.
Anyway, somewhere in the middle of all of this I need to make salsa or do something with the tomatoes and the carrots I still have in the garden! :) Makes for busy times.
Mark has gone back to school at Emerson - He is tolerating it. He has issues with the micromanaging principal that is there. He was told recently about a different job opportunity but so far nothing has panned out with that. We will say more when and if there is anything more to say.
Sorry now pictures this time - but with me it is just easier to do this than add pictures! I postpone saying anything because I don't have pictures to add!
No comments:
Post a Comment