Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Halloween Time!!!

We've had a busy month or so lately - Shelby and I worked in the potatoes for two weeks. I drove a potato truck and Shelby was a "clod picker". :) We worked from 8:30 a.m. til about 8:30 p.m. and sometimes later. All in all it worked out ok. We took Mayli to a neighbors home for the two weeks and she thoroughly enjoyed playing with their little girl. Their family was also harvesting potatoes so they needed a playmate for their little girl also. Justin is now at school and is struggling through a computer science class and a math class. Thank heavens for people around us that know how to do math - - however, he is excellent in english and art so he helps roommates with those subjects and they help him with his hard classes. Candy returned from working at West Yellowstone with lots of money. She spent some money while gone but she earned enough to store some in the bank. Shelby was on the Volleyball C-Team (because she's a freshman) and she learned alot. She also had her cousin, Jalena as her coach. That worked out great (for me anyway) because when Shelby would have her early morning practices, Jalena would come pick her up! Thanks Jo! Mayli is taking clogging lessons and is throughly enjoying them.

The pumpkins in the picture are ones we grew in our garden. Mayli took the "vampire" to school and got a red ribbon award on it. They give the kids a liter of pop and some candy for participating. Shelby made the middle one and then Shelby and Mayli both made the last one on the right. One view shows one side and the other view shows the other side of the pumpkin. It has two faces.

!

I think Halloween is our favorite holiday... I don't have to buy lots of gifts and they get to dress up and look goofy or scareyPosted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pumpkin wig! You guys would like the pumpkin walk they do in North Logan. People go all out and make different scenes with various pumpkins and gourds, etc. around a certain theme. Best thing about it? It's fun...and free! anyway...I hope you all have a Happy Halloween! We're just getting ready to head to the trunk-or-treat at the church. Kids these days...they don't have to work very hard to mooch candy off of people, do they? :) Back when I was a kid . . . . . . . . . ...

Anonymous said...

Decorating pumpkins is always fun! Did anyone in your family dress up this year?

Ahhhh the good ol' days working in the spuds. I only did it one year and that was plenty.

Amy