Wednesday, August 28, 2013

July 2013

The month started out with us being invited by the Kennedy family to attend the Independence Day Celebration with them in Menan.  This is how it looked when we got there:


It pretty well filled up by the time the fireworks were going to start - we brought a blanket and some chairs and the girls made themselves comfortable on the blanket while we visited with the Kennedys.  (The Kennedy's are Symone's family - Symone is now Justin's Fiance' - more on that later.)

 I got a quilting frame for Christmas this last year and have been making quilts - actually 3 now.  I started with one for Justin that I have worked on for quite awhile - it is a denim quilt.  Then I made one for me.  Then Dad asked if I would make him one.  We set it up in the basement and the girls helped me to tie the quilt.  We watched The Lord of the Rings (extended version) while we tied it.

During the tying process

Completed quilt.
 During the summertime, Mayli is in 4-h with Mark has her leader.  The boy in the picture is Jose Mendoza.  This year they decided to do a service project.  They chose this nice lady in our community to do a project for.  It was a small one but it was one that needed to be done.  They pruned one of her trees.




They both raised pigs and were able to sell the pigs at the fair in August.  Mayli's pig weighed in at about 235 and it was sold at $5 per pound.



No comments: