Sunday, December 2, 2012

Catching Up...

At the end of every school year Mayli is in a clogging recital.  She now has a new dance teacher - her name is Janice Wilcox.  She was taught by Mayli's previous teacher, Patti Gasser.  Patti retired and moved to Nissa, Oregon (sp?) Anyway, she has enjoyed doing the clogging.  This event occurred in May of 2012.  We are now going to move forward in time and in the future I will try to stay on task... yah, right.

Shelby graduated from West Jefferson High School in May of 2012 also.  We are so proud of her.  She received scholarships from BYU-Idaho. Idaho Promise B, and Lady Lions.

Sometime in June Mark brought home these kittens.  They are manx kittens and I took to them right away (I'm a girl, yes I like kittens)

On July 1st I was awakened in the night by Mayli who was in pain.  I took her to the hospital and it was determined that she needed to have her appendix out.  Interesting part of this story was that there were other people in the hospital that also needed their appendix out or needed to have bowel resections done and we ended up waiting a very long time to get the surgery done.  We found out she is allergic to Morphine (good to know) and then after we received the results back on the pathology report it said that the appendix had cancer in it.  Needless to say, we were a big worried when we saw that.  She had a CT scan and it was determined that the cancer was just within the appendix itself.  The doctor (Hansen) had never seen this before in a person her age. 

Shelby turned 18!


The following pictures are kind of out of order but you'll get the drift.  Paul and Kaoru came to visit us from Japan.  During one of their outings they were able to visit with Aunt Carol in Jackson Hole, WY.  She showed them a real good time and they enjoyed visiting with her.
They also took time to visit with Uncle Dennis and Aunt Renee Ashbocker.  Dennis had been having some health problems and was deteriorating.  He had been having dialysis for awhile and Renee took real good care of him.

Not too long after Paul left Uncle Dennis passed away.  These are his grandsons carrying the casket.  He was buried in the Annis, Little Butte Cemetery. (Idaho)
Shelby, Mayli and Michelle went to W. Yellowstone with Paul, Kaoru, Grandma Hoffman, Grandpa Hoffman and Beth.  We even let Mayli have a day off from school and we were glad it was so nice outside!

The end of September and first of October (every year) I work in the potatoes for Egbert Ranches owned by Kirk & Kathryn Egbert.  I took my camera one day to see if I could catch a pretty sunset because the weather had been so good during this harvest.  I was able to catch this Sunset. 

Also toward the end of October - it snowed!  Right around my birthday.  That's when Mark decided to take me to a cabin in Island Park to stay.  We drove through a blizzard to Island Park.  Again, he got there safely but I was nervous the whole time until we got there and was able to finally relax.  Very nice cabin - just wish we didn't have so much to do all the time or we could go places more often.

Mayli is a pirate and Shelby is a gypsy.  Mark enjoys taking the girls trick-or-treating.  They are too old to go but he takes them anyway.  He does go out of his way to take them to see some of the elderly in our community and so I guess that makes up for them being so old.

No comments: